1 lb (450 g) boneless thighs, cubed or ground chicken
2 Tbsp (30 mL) oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
10 small mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
1 tsp (5 mL) oregano
1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
½ tsp (2.5 mL) paprika
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
dash of black pepper or hot pepper sauce
1 can (19 oz / 540 mL) tomatoes, undrained
1 can (19 oz / 540 mL) red kidney beans, undrained
rice, tacos or tortillas
1. In a large sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat and brown garlic and chicken for about 5 minutes or until chicken is firm.
2. Add vegetables and cook as additional 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in seasonings.
3. Cook, stirring often for another 5 minutes, Stir in tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil, breaking up tomatoes.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Uncover and garnish with sour cream, cheese and avocado.
Recipe Courtesy of: Chicken Farmers of Canada
Website developed by Vantix Systems Inc.