Balsamic Honey Chicken Wings
24 chicken wings, raw 24
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 30 mL
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 45 mL
½ cup honey 125 mL
2 Tbsp lime juice, fresh 30 mL
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, ground .6 mL
⅛ tsp allspice, ground .6 mL
1 cup green onions, finely-sliced 250 mL
2 Tbsp sesame seeds 30 mL
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Cut off and discard wing tips, as they tend to burn and don’t have much meat. Cut wings into two by separating at the joint.
3. Mix together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, fresh squeezed lime juice, cayenne and allspice in a large bowl. Place wings in bowl and toss to evenly coat wings.
4. Spray a baking pan with vegetable oil spray and spread wings out on tray. Reserve marinade for basting. Roast wings until skin is crispy and brown for about 50 minutes or until cooked through. Baste after 10 minutes and again two more times with reserved sauce using it all up. Remove from oven.
5. Place on serving platter and garnish with sliced green onions and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Recipe Courtesy of: Chicken Farmers of Canada
Website developed by Vantix Systems Inc.